Sunday 22 July 2012

Been a bad blogger!

Well as you can probably tell, as it's been about 2 months since my last post, I've been a very busy caker! Lots has happened since my last post, including completing my very first tax return! How exciting! We've had wedding cakes, retirement cakes, rude cakes, birthday cakes and cupcakes galore! Here are a few of my favourites from the last 2 months!

Penguin Cake!

Beatrix Potter - Peter Rabbit Christening Cake

Square baby girl Christening Cake - Lilac and Pink Clothesline theme

Baby Girl Christening Cupcakes

3 Tier White and Purple Draped Wedding Cake

Surprise Skydiver Birthday Cake

Super Mario Cupcakes - LOVED making these beauties!

Round Cherry Blossom and Dove themed cake

Baby Boy 1st Birthday Number 1 Cake

Pretty Quilted & Rose Cupcake

Baby Girl Baby Shower Cupcakes

In The Night Garden Round Cake

7 Tier Wedding Cake (before decoration)

7 Tier White and Pink Wedding Cake - Loveheart & Princess theme

Baby Boy Number 1 Cake

3 Tier Ivory and Burgundy Wedding Cake with Gerberas

2 - 3 Tier Topsy Turvy Cake - This cake was made for a friend who is a massive fan of a series of books by Nalini Singh called the Guild Hunter series. The cake is done in the them of the books including the 2 main characters, red roses, grey & gold marble and white brick.

Emo Cupcakes - Pink and Black, hearts, skulls and bows

Bow topped cupcakes!

Some simple Thank you cupcakes

3 Tier White and Blue Wedding Cake - Roses were all made by hand and dusted with silver.

18th Birthday cake! Drunk boy, lots of lager and half eaten pizza! Such a fun cake!


 More thank you cupcakes

Mixing Decks Cake

In The Night Garden Number 1 Cake

I'm been stocking up on lots of new tools and things too, it's been like Christmas around here. I've invested in (after some time lusting after them) an air brush and an edible ink printer. Unfortunately I just haven't had the time to try them out yet! I've bought some pretty stencils in and am very much looking forward to giving them a try. I had to buy some new fabric for backdrops for my cakes as I'm going to be advertising my wedding cakes soon and am planning on doing a few new styles of cake and of course I needed some lovely new patterns to inspire and display my cakes in the best way. Look at the prettiness!

I even bought some extra to make a curtain out of for my kitchen door. I think it's going to look gorgeous and I can't wait to see the first cake displayed nicely with that beautiful fabric!

I've been trying my hand at figure making too. All of the figures in the cakes above were handmade by me (excluding the topper on the Ivory wedding cake). I even made a cake with 18 different animals on, all were made by hand. Hard work but so fun to do!

I have an exciting couple of weeks coming up. Why? Because I have a very quiet week this week with only 2 customer cakes but 2 birthday cakes for my nearest an dearest, my lovely hubby and my 'baby' girl Ellena! Hubby normally asks for a birthday trifle, he likes cake but as you'd expect there's plenty of cake in my kitchen most of the time so he can have cake anytime; but this year he asked for a cake. I know what theme I'm doing I'm just trying to come up with a design for it! It's going to be coffee and Bailey's flavour (and I'm thinking about making a trifle inspired cake too, yum). Ellena is turning 3, hence 'baby', not technically a baby but she's still my baby! We're having a cake smash photo shoot for her and I'm so looking forward to it! I just know the girls will love being able to get stuck into one of my cakes for a change! Watch this space for some new exciting cakies! Oh and a week off too with the family!

Thanks for reading, it won't be so long next time, I promise!
Sam x

1 comment:

  1. Truly amazing cakes - love the mario one. :)

    Fashion-olic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete