Thursday 26 January 2012

Excited!

The Sugarplum Bakehouse has got a busy week coming up! Among the cakes I have some naughty cupcakes for a friend's partner's birthday, a first birthday cake and the cake I'm most looking forward to tackling, a special topsy turvy cake! I've drawn up some plans and need to make some decorations in advance so they have time to dry out before they're needed. I think this may be one of the most challenging cake I've done and I can't wait to get started. I'll post some pictures once the occasion that cake is for is over. I plan on taking pictures of each stage of this cake as I think it could make for some interesting viewing.
I've been thinking about the website and I think it needs a bit of a spruce up! The plan is to make each cake in my range of flavours so I can show all the yumminess and maybe help people make their flavour choice! It also means I can do a few bargain boxes up for customers after a lot of cake for little cost! My 'Bargain Boxes' normally contain a mixture of cupcakes, a half batch of brownies and cake slices. They certainly prove popular each time I make them, normally means I have a manic day in the kitchen too baking all sorts of cakey goodness.
I've had a nice quiet day today, just a batch of brownies done. I just love baking brownies, I use 72% cocoa chocolate and the smell just fills the house. Not great if you're dieting though let me tell you!
Here's a picture of some of my Indulgent Chocolate Brownies, just check out the chocolate chunks and that rich fudgey centre.
Thanks for looking! See you soon!
Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment