Saturday 21 January 2012

More Cakey Goodness

I had a birthday cake picked up today. I finished the cake itself last night and had to do the finishing touches this morning when I got up. I was really pleased with how it turned out and I hope the birthday girl will be pleased when she sees it tonight! We decided to go with a Contemporary style cake, but a more classic sort of style rather than the big stripes and bold shapes. I wish I'd counted how many silver dragees and flowers I put on the cake, there were hundreds on there! Check below for some pics of the cake!

I'd love to do a tiered wedding cake in the same style so you can really see the effect of the blossoms on the cake. 
Tomorrow I'm having a play with my new Giant Cupcake Mould, I'm very excited! Can't wait to see how it turns out!I'm doing a Giant Filled Chocolate Cupcake. My friend is a very loyal filled cupcake customer so I'm making the cake to take pictures to add to my website and fan page, and she's getting it at a vastly discounted price! I shall post pictures of the cake tomorrow, might even do some during shots as well!
Thanks for reading!
Sam x


No comments:

Post a Comment