Sunday 22 January 2012

The Giant Cupcake Experiment

Today I did my first giant cupcake! I may have to tweak my recipe slightly to get them perfect but practice makes perfect!
First off, here are the halves filled with yummy chocolate cake batter! This was the second attempt as the first time I didn't fill the moulds enough. I used the additional piece of the mould not shown here to create a cavity in the top of the base to be filled!
 
Once the cake had cooled, I covered in a layer of roll of icing before filling the cavity in the base with some of my yummy hot fudge style chocolate sauce!
Annnd here is the finished article! This was my first time piping frosting roses. They're not perfect but I'll keep practicing until I get them just right. I've only made this one as a practice hence why the board is left uncovered but my next one will be fully decorated! I have some ideas for different designs including a few for Mother's Day.
Thanks for looking!
Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment