Monday 30 January 2012

New tricks!

I've spent the past few days trying out some new bits and pieces. Yesterday I made some Cappuccino & Bailey's Cupcakes! They didn't look the prettiest and I was only trying out the recipe but they were certainly yummy and proved quite popular! Take a look!
I only made a few of them and they certainly didn't last long at all!
I've been making some decorations in preparation for the cakes I have this week. They've been hard work but fun! I can't reveal most of those items yet as they're going on cakes this week. I've made some roses. They're not perfect but for my first 6 roses I think they're a good start! I'm about to make some small ones for my Valentine's Cupcakes. I'll post pictures of those when they're finished! I think I'm getting the hang of them now so I'm hoping they'll look great! Here are my practice ones. Still got a way to go before they're perfect but you know what they say about practice!

Today I made my very first gum paste shoe! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, my first attempt didn't go too well so I started again from scratch. I want to be able to do all these extra things so I always have something to keep me busy and I'm really enjoying it and find I can't wait to make something else! Here's the shoe, what do you think?


Thanks for reading! Back again in a day or 2 with some more Sugarplum antics!
Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment