Monday 16 January 2012

More goodies!

I've registered with Makro today so I can shop for ingredients! We had a quick loo round today as there was so much else to do but I did come out with cocoa, icing sugar and a whopping 12.5kg of caster sugar! I wonder how long that'll last! We popped into my local cake craft centre to get a few bits and pieces too, as usual I managed to spend a fortune after only going in for a couple of bits! Got some ribbons, lustre sprays, flower paste and some new rose cutters! A good friend of mine is getting married in July and I'm doing her wedding cake! Very exciting! She's decided on a white 3 tier cake with blue and white roses draped around. I'm looking forward to seeing that one finished!
Over the next couple of days I have a Thomas The Tank Engine Cake and a white cake with flowers and silver and turquoise accents. I'm certainly looking forward to getting on with them! I've bought some Valentine's sprinkles, glitter and some heart toppers for my Valentine's Gift Boxes. I've bought some cake dummies in too so I can play with some new wedding cake designs! How exciting! I've FINALLY ordered a giant cupcake mould! I've never had one or made one before and I figure it's about time I did! They certainly seem to be popular at the moment! Oh the poor bank balance has taken a bit of a beating just recently but we cakers need lots of tools to make lovely cakes!
I'll be back soon with some pretty cake pictures!
Sam x

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and loved it! Am a happy follower now!
    Visit me at: my-greek-cooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete